Fleas are tiny, irritating bugs that mainly assault pets. However, in case you have pets or dwell in a space where the fleas are frequent, likelihood is excessive that you could additionally undergo from flea bites. Flea bites are itchy in addition to painful. The flea bites might seem as small, pink bumps, usually in teams of 3 or 4 or in a straight line. They’re most frequently seen across the ankles or legs. Nevertheless, bites may also be seen across the waist, armpits or within the folds of the elbows and knees. Extreme scratching can harm the pores and skin and result in a secondary bacterial, an infection.
1Use Aloe Vera to Treat Flea Bites
Aloe vera gel is nice for the pores and skin, for people in addition to pets. Its energetic compounds include antiseptic in addition to anti-inflammatory properties that assist ease itching and swelling resulting from flea bites. It additionally accelerates the remedial course.
- Lower open a small a part of an aloe vera leaf and extract the gel.
- Rub the gel in your pores and skin and areas the place fleas have bitten your pet.
- Depart it on for 15 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this treatment 2 or 3 occasions every day.
2Apple Cider Vinegar
Uncooked and unfiltered apple cider vinegar is one other excellent home treatment to deal with flea bites. This treatment works nicely for people in addition to pets. It may assist cut back irritation and soothe itching on the affected space. Its acetic acid content also prevents infections.
- Uncooked and unfiltered apple cider vinegar is one other excellent home treatment to deal with flea bites. This treatment works nicely for people in addition to pets. It may assist cut back irritation and soothe itching on the affected space. Its acetic acid content also prevents infections.
- Dip a cotton ball in uncooked, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and place it on the affected space. Let it sit for ten minutes, then take away the cotton ball. Do this efficient treatment just a few occasions a day till you get the reduction. If it causes irritation, attempt diluting the apple cider vinegar with water earlier than making use of it.
- For pets, combine equal elements of uncooked, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and water in a sprig bottle. Spray the solution on the affected areas in your pet’s physique. Watch out to keep away from spraying it in your pet’s eyes, ears and nostril. Repeat some instances day by day. You may as well spray the answer on flea-infested surfaces.
Whether or not you need to control a flea infestation or deal with flea chunk signs, Indian lilac (also called neem or margosa) could be very efficient. Neem leaves and oil include anti-irritant, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory qualities and is extensively used on people and canine by those that favor in dealing with flea bites in a simple approach. Neem cures are usually not appropriate for cats.
- Simmer a handful of neem leaves in water for 15 to 20 minutes. Pressure the solution and permit it to chill. Immerse a cotton ball in the solution and place it on the flea-bitten space for 10 to 15 minutes. Do that a few instances each day for a couple of days.
- It’s also possible to apply a neem-based cream or lotion on the affected space some instances every day.
- In your canine, dilute neem oil with almond oil in a ratio of 1:10. Rub it on the affected areas of your canine some instances every day.
- To manage a flea infestation, combine 12 drops of therapeutic-grade neem oil in a 1-ounce spray bottle. Spray this resolution on flea-infested areas. You may also spray the solution in your canine’s fur and permit it to dry.
4Baking Soda for treating flea bites
One other nice treatment for flea bites on people and pets is baking soda. Being a pure acid neutralizer, it supplies on the spot aid from itching. It additionally reduces swelling and irritation in addition to the danger of an infection.
- Merely combine one teaspoon of baking soda with a bit water and apply the thin paste on the flea chunk. Leave it on for 6 to 10 minutes, then rinse it off with fresh cold water. Use this treatment 1 or 2 occasions a day.
- Or you may also, add 1 cup of baking soda to a tub full of cold water. Stir it properly. Soak yourself in this warm water for 15 minutes, then pat yourself dry with a soft towel. Do that as soon as each day.
- Each cat and canines might be handled with a paste comprised of 1 teaspoon of baking soda and slightly water to forestall itching and scratching. Use a cotton ball to use this combination in the affected space. Go away it on for five minutes, then rinse it off with cold water. There might be cases where your pet is itching throughout. Give your pet a shower with ½ to 1 cup of baking soda blended in its bathtub water.
Note: Don’t use baking soda on damaged pores and skin or open wounds.
Witch hazel is an effective treatment that you should utilize to deal with flea bites. It helps calm itching in addition to cut back irritation and redness because of the tannins in it which have a light astringent and anti-inflammatory impact that helps scale back the itching and swelling. Canine and cats may also be handled with witch hazel.
- Soak a cotton ball in witch hazel and place it on the affected space for 10 minutes. Repeat as wanted.
- For pets, retailer witch hazel in a twig bottle and rapidly spray it on the infected pores and skin when your canine or cat begins to scratch it. Repeat as wanted.
Making use of a chilly compress will help ease itching and ache because of flea bites. This treatment works for people in addition to pets. The cold temperature has a numbing impact on the nerve endings that helps soothe the itching sensation. It additionally reduces swelling.
- Clear the positioning of the chunk and the realm around it with heat, soapy water.
- Wrap a couple of ice cubes in a skinny washcloth.
- Put the ice pack on the affected space for not more than 2 to 3 minutes.
- Take a break, then reapply the pack.
- Proceed to do this for 10 to 15 minutes, a couple of occasions a day.
Note: Don’t apply ice instantly on the pores and skin, as it may result in ice burns.
To deal with and forestall flea bites, your first line of protection must be controlling the infestation. On the identical time, there are numerous pure strategies that you should utilize to deal rapidly with flea bites on yourself in addition to your pets.