A wise man said: “When it comes to a challenge like muscle vs. fat, you need to guess about who wins it.” To all the wonderful ladies, reading this, let’s know about strength training here, especially for women. This article clearly talks about certain muscle empowering exercises.
What is muscle empowering strength training?
No, no, no… do not get confused here that strength training is all about gaining muscle like a body builder. It is the actually a list of daily workouts that will enable you to gain empowerment, whilst maintaining a healthy body. Muscle empowering exercises are the need for the day!
Is muscle empowering workouts similar to cardio workouts?
Also, we confuse muscle empowering workouts with cardio work-outs. But believe me, that these are totally different from each other. Moreover, cardio workouts help to burn your fats in a faster mode by enabling you to follow strict regimes at the gym whereas the one I like to share here involves only 3-4 days of dedicated time spent with proven results. Muscle empowering workouts are fun exercises you can do even at home that add strength and tone to your body.
Now let us count some easy to do and muscle empowering toning workouts to see a healthy, flexible, energetic and strong body in the next 70-80 days down the line of regular schedules.
1Overhead Press with squat
- You need to stand with feet shoulder-width apart, elbows bent, hold a 5-pound weight in each hand at shoulder height with palms forward.
- Lower into a squat position, hold for a moment.
- Push through heels to stand up, pressing weights overhead.
- Return to the starting position. Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
Works well to strengthen: Quadriceps, hamstrings, butt, abs, shoulders
- Lean down with your stomach touching the ground. Lift your back along with hip portion up, this is called as a high plank position. Place your hands firmly on the ground, directly under shoulders.
- Begin to lower your body by keeping your back flat and eyes focused about three feet in front of you on keeping a neutral neck as such your chest grazes the floor.
- Push back up. Complete 3 sets of 10-15 as a starting point
Works well to strengthen: This will include upper body parts like chest, forearms, upper arms and wrists. These help in speeding up your metabolism. In addition to gaining strength, your heart is forced to work harder.
One field exercises that can be done at anywhere being taught by Yoga exponents is called “Surya Namaskar”, which has all the systems of the body are involved in this and get the benefit. Now all over the world, this is being taught and practiced.
3‘Rocking Banana’ work-out
- Lay down on your back with your arms above your head and legs out flat. Keep your legs together and point your toes.
- Now think of the shape of a Banana in your mind, you need to achieve this with your body. It will be like a half circle. Your legs and arms should come slightly off the ground with your stomach engaged and sucked in.
- Now from this position you need to rock back and forth so that you complete 3 sets of 10 rocks which will be a great start.
Works well to strengthen: This is a great exercise for your core and legs. Also, it is good for your butts. The key is to keep your entire body tight and together. Your body should move as one.
4‘Reverse Rocking Banana’ work out
- It is same as rocking banana work-out but in this you need to lay on your stomach. You need to engage your back muscles to help rock.
- Keep feet and legs together with your whole body moving as one. Complete 3 sets of 10 as a great starting point.
Works well to strengthen: For your lower back strength, legs and butt.
5Single-Leg Dumbbell workout
- Stand straight holding a 5-pound weight in left hand. Hinge forward so that back is flat and almost parallel to the floor, now rest the right hand on a chair or low shelf for support.
- Extend your left arm towards the floor, palm facing in. Lift straight your left leg behind you, so that body forms a T.
- Slowly bend your left elbow and draw weight up until your elbow is even with the torso. Hold for a minute, then lower weight. Do 15 repeats, then switch sides and repeat. Complete 3 sets.
Works well to strengthen: Works back, shoulders, biceps, abs, quadriceps, hamstrings, butt
6Curvy curtsy Lunge
- Stand straight with feet hip-width apart. Place your hands on hips.
- Take a giant step diagonally back with your left foot and cross it behind your right.
- Now bend your knees you reach your left hand toward the floor on the outside of your right foot.
- Return to starting position. Do 15 repeats, then switch sides and repeat. Complete 3 sets.
Works well to strengthen: Works hips, butt, quadriceps, hamstrings, abs 8 ABS cycling workout
7 8 ABS cycling workout
- Lean down with your back touching the ground.
- Now, slightly lift your legs up and start moving it in a circle as if you are pedaling a bicycle in the air. Complete 3 sets of 10 each. You can do it two times a day, even when you are on the bed to sleep.
Works well to strengthen: Your stomach and belly portion muscles along with strengthening hip joints.
Each of this discussed work out is a “compound exercise”, meaning it targets multiple muscle groups, so you get a really big bang for your strength-training schedules! Remember to take a little rest for 30–60 seconds after completing each set. Also if you are able to include brisk walking during morning time or after the dinner will certainly add-on to your faster gain of toned muscles with good strength. So young ladies, there you have it! A few strength exercises for us women to make us strong, self driven and beautiful! “Good luck for a happy training.”