To lose 15 pounds in a month, you shall need to follow a vigorous fitness routine and engage in physical activity each day. It’s important to continue switching up your workouts Like shock and stimulate your muscles and metabolism and to keep from reaching a fitness and weight loss plateau. Here is what a typical week of fitness should look like to lose this type of weight: Giving yourself one month to lose weight is an excellent way to start a weight loss plan. Realistically, you can expect to lose about 15 pounds per month.This weight loss rate considers as healthier, safer and more sustainable long time of durations. You will need to make a variety of changes to your diet, exercise routine and lifestyle during the month to help you drop excess weight and improve your overall health.
Set A Goal to Lose 15 Pounds
Setting a realistic weight or health goal is a great start to your weight loss plan. It will give you something to track and work towards over the course of a month.
- Think about how much weight you want to lose, what time frame and other health or wellness goals. Set a goal for how much weight and what target weight you’d like to get to within a month.
- A healthy rate is considered 1 to 2 pounds a week. So what does this mean? You can lose up to 10-12 lbs in a month. Setting a goal to lose more than this amount is not a realistic.
- You may also want to set goals about exercise or lifestyle factors. For example, you might set a goal of working out three days a week for 30 minutes. This is a great health-based goal but will also support your weight loss.
- Remember, dramatic weight loss is risky and often ineffective; the faster you lose weight, the easier you can gain it back. Only real lifestyle changes can give you useful results. “Fad diets,” such as diet pills or liquid cleanses may help you lose water weight, but most work by essentially starving you.
Take Your Measurements For Lose 15 Pounds
Taking measurements is the most efficient way to track your progress. It also can provide information about whether or not your diet and exercise program are active.
- Weighing yourself regularly is a very easy way to track your progress. Step on the scale one to two times per week and track your weight over time.So, you will most likely see the most weight loss in the first week or two during your month period.
- Since weight alone doesn’t tell you the full story of your weight loss, you might want to consider taking measurements. This can help you see where you’re losing weight.
- Take measurements around your shoulders, bust, waist, hips, thighs and measure them about once every two weeks. Over the course of a month, you should be able to see some noticeable changes.
Start A Journal For Lose 15 Pounds
A journal is a great tool when losing weight. You can use it to help you prepare for weight loss, motivate you during weight loss and help keep you on track to maintaining your weight.
- Initially, jot down notes about your weight loss or health goals in your journal. Write about how much weight you want to lose and how you’re going to track your progress.
- You may also take notes on what aspects of your diet or lifestyle you think you want to change. For example, you ought to cut out sodas, increase your activity or eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Also, you can use your journal to keep a food and exercise diary. Studies have shown that those people who keep track of their food intake and exercise can maintain weight loss longer.
Calculate A Calorie Limit For Lose 15 Pounds
To lose weight, you’ll need to cut out some calories each day. You can choose to cut out calories from diet alone or combine diet and exercise.
- One pound of fat is about 3500 calories. To lose a pound of fat per week, you need to eat 3500 calories less than you take in each week. Cutting out 500 calories daily will help you lose one to two pounds per week.Following this plan over the course of the month will help you lose that 10 to 12 lbs.
- Take your Meal journal or a Meal daily app to help you get an idea of how many calories you can cut out from your diet. Subtract 500 calories from a typical day to get a calorie level that will help you lose about one to two pounds per week.
- Do not go below 1200 calories daily.It may result in nutrient deficiencies, loss of lean muscle mass and slower weight loss long-term.If you continuously do not eat an adequate amount of calories over a month, you may notice your weight loss slows or stops.
- The best way to cut calories is to eat nutrient-rich, low-calorie foods combined with regular physical activity
1Day 1 Activity To Lose 15 Pounds
Start your week off with a metabolism boost, and engage in the form of intense cardio for an hour. During this exercise session, your heart rate should elevate your breath should be short, and your sweat glands should be activated. Choose any cardio you’d like, whether it be jogging, swimming, biking, hiking or using a fitness machine. Follow up your cardio session with at least 15 minutes of abdominal exercises.
On day 2, you should focus on strength training, and spend an hour lifting weights and performing other strengthening exercises, such as squats, lunges, and planks. It would be ideal to take an hour long weight lifting class or spend this time with a personal training if you’re just starting out. After your weight lifting session, hop on a fitness machine for 30 minutes. This is a bike, Stairmaster, elliptical trainer or treadmill, as long as it’s a different activity than you performed the previous day.
Treat your muscles right on this third day with either a Pilates or yoga class, to stretch them out after all that strength training and keep them looking great. These flexibility classes will tone, lengthen and strengthen your muscles, while burning calories, and are necessary to include in your fitness routine. On the third day, also get outside to enjoy an hour of moderate activity. Maybe you can speed walk through your favorite trail or take a bike ride along the coast.
On day 4, participate in a vigorous fitness class that lasts at least an hour and simultaneously incorporates both cardio and strength training. Try a boot camp class, a circuit training class, or anything else that always switches up the exercises. These enable you to burn more calories in less time and keep your metabolism revved throughout the day.
Try another challenging class on day 5, but this once should solely focus on cardio. Perhaps you can participate in a spinning class or cardio kickboxing. Follow this up with 15-30 minutes of abdominal work and possibly some yoga or Pilates.
On day 6, spend an hour and a half in the gym. Pick a cardio machine to stay on for 45-60 minutes, and hit the weight room for 30-45 minutes.
Take day 7 to relax and give your muscles a break; you deserve it! Don’t be entirely idle, however, and consider a light walk or some low-intensity yoga.
To lose 15 pounds in a month, you must continuously keep moving. Couple your workout routine with a healthy diet, and ensure you’re consuming the right amount of calories to fuel your workouts.
When you’re trying to lose weight and cut calories from your diet during a month, you’ll want to focus on eating low calorie, yet nutrient dense foods. These foods will help you meet lower calorie levels while still consuming adequate nutrition daily.