A high-stretch way of life can prompt what specialists call “key” hypertension. In this case, you will feel ‘no illnesses’ in the body. There might be internal harms being caused to the body or release of toxins that is not known to the individual. Similarly, a few conditions can bring about high blood pressure, diabetes or kidney illness. Yoga, when performed carefully, can diminish this kind of anxiety instigated hypertension while tending to its fundamental causes. It assures the thoughtful sensory system and backs off the heart while instructing the muscles and brain to unwind profoundly. There are many yoga asanas and postures for high blood pressure treatments.
Yoga can lessen stress-affected hypertension while tending to its hidden causes. It conciliates the thoughtful sensory system and backs off the heart while instructing the muscles and brain to unwind profoundly. High blood pressure is a result of shortening of the width of heart arteries. Thus, pressure is exerted in the arteries by the circulating blood. There are many yoga postures for high blood pressure. But at the same time, there are also some of the yoga postures that should be avoided by high blood pressure patients. Anybody with untreated high blood pressure should stay away from such yoga postures.
Perform these yoga postures for high blood pressure:
1Pashchimottan-asana OR Posterior Stretch posture
It is easy to perform yoga posture. It works great to relieve you from stress and reduces fat deposition in the abdomen area. It is suitable for increasing height and enhancing sexual power.
- Sit on your yoga mat with back straight and legs stretched forward. Remember, both the legs should be parallel to each other.
- If uncomfortable you can provide a cushion or support to your legs.
- Now lift the sides of your middle up. On the off chance that you find that you’re drooping in reverse, sit on more backing.
- Stretch out forward and hold the outside edges of your feet with your hands. Keep stretching your back portion and lay your forehead on your hands.
TIP: Reach out through the backs of the heels and move your back ribs toward your front ribs down onto the support. Hold the back of the neck long and delicate and unwind your facial components. Hold for two minutes and afterward, come back to original position.
2Savasana OR Corpse posture
- It is also termed as sleeping pose. For performing this asan you need to concentrate on your whole body by staying away from noises. You may find many benefits as muscle relaxation, no depression, improvement in your mental health, and calms your mind.
- Lie down on your yoga-mat. Your back should touch the floor and legs should be separated.
- Rest your hands at your sides and keep your palm side facing the sky. Relax your whole body now.
- Take deep breathing while your eyes are closed. Do not breathe through your mouth.
- Now while breathing concentrate on your body. You can practice to think about how your different body organs help you in any adverse situation. You can make yourself consciously thinking in this manner.
- Keep inhaling and exhaling while your body is relaxed and mind thinking of positiveness of your body.
- Your tension, worries, and stress, will run away on each exhaling.
- Practice it for 3-5 minutes.
TIP: It is beneficial for the patients of diabetes, hypertension, constipation and allergies. Also, you can practice it at night before going to sleep.
3Vajrasana OR Diamond Pose
It is a simple yoga posture to perform after your lunch or dinner. By doing this as a regular practice of this yoga for high blood pressure will improve your overall health by making you stronger. By practicing you will find the cure for acidity and constipation. It also stabilizes your mind apart from improving your blood circulation.
Firstly sit calmly on a yoga mat. You need to bend your knees in such a way that you are sitting on your heels.
- Keep your back straight, your hands should rest on the respective knees. Now, close your eyes.
- Start breathing by inhaling slowly and then exhaling.
- While exhaling, you need to practice for relaxing your body. This exhales the toxins out from it.
- Repeat these steps for 5 minutes and take a rest.
TIP: It is good at strengthening your thigh muscles. It is a must to do yoga for arthritis patients. You can avoid in the case of extreme joint pain.
4Marjariasana OR Cat Pose
Your body takes a position of a cat, so the name is given. For this asana, you need to continually remain on your knees. Any individual suffering from joint or knee pain should not do this yoga. This yoga for high blood pressure has some other benefits too as relaxing your mind, improving blood circulation, and relieving back pain.
- Firstly take up a cat’s body with your palms touching the floor and arms resting at a perpendicular state with the floor.
- Look straight now. Start breathing by deep inhaling. At this state, raise your head back and push your navel downwards.
- While you exhale, bend your head inward. At this time, your back moves towards ceiling slightly.
- Stay in this position for a few seconds. Come back to original state.
- Practice it for 5-6 times during your yoga hours.
TIP: Avoid this yoga posture, if you are suffering from neck or shoulder injury.
5Balasana OR Child Pose
It is an excellent remedy for back pain as it relaxes your spine to a greater extent. It relieves the back pain and stress, thus being one of the best yoga for high blood pressure. It also strengthens your hips, ankles and thigh bones.
- For performing this yoga, you need to sit on your knees. Your hip should touch your heels.
- Place your hand on thighs and palms down. Start with deep breathing.
- Being in this position, inhale air and while exhaling slowly bring your chest between your knees and hands should remain on the floor in a stretched state.
- At this state, breathe gently and hold this posture for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After this inhale slowly and return to the starting position.
- Practice balasana for 5 to 10 times.
TIP: You need to maintain a proper mind-body state while doing this yoga.
Research shows that cognizant breathing rapidly brings down circulatory strain. The accompanying arrangement is intended to set you up to move in the direction of the act of reversals securely and without raising your pulse. At no time if you feel fomented or uncomfortable in any of these stances and, if you feel flushed, hot, or lightheaded while honing, leave the posture and rest for a while.
As discussed this yoga for high blood pressure seems like an immensely useful tool to lower down your circulatory strain. But there are also some of the yoga that should not be performed for a high blood pressure patient. As these yoga postures may bring about an adverse effect on your blood pressure instead of healing it.
Avoid these yoga asanas, when suffering from high blood pressure:
- Adhomukhvrikshasanna OR Hand-stand
- Matsyasana OR Fish Pose
- Adho-mukha svanasana OR Downward facing dog pose
- Extended side angle and triangle pose
- Dhanurasana OR Bow Pose
- Utharasanna OR Camel Pose
In this fast-paced life, it becomes difficult to take a proper time for your fitness and health. You need to fix some of the general routines in your day-to-day activities like 10-20 minutes of morning walk followed by another 10-20 minutes of yoga before eating your breakfast. On a precautionary note for high blood pressure patient, you should not overdo any pranayama or yoga. Try to maintain a pace and gain confidence with time.
Apart from performing yoga for high blood pressure, one needs to take care for proper diet too. By including green vegetables and fruits and avoiding beverages, you can easily control your increasing blood pressure.